Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 60 min
- 6 PEPPERS
Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 6 tbsp Woolwich Dairy Garlic & Herbs Spreadable Goat Cheese
- ¾ cup Woolwich Dairy Goat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can tomato paste
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- ½ cup of basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- While the oven warms, add olive oil to skillet and sauté ground turkey over medium heat, until cooked through and no pink remains. Add diced onions and garlic, cook until onions are softened.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, quinoa and salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- While filling is simmering, prepare peppers for stuffing. Cut off the tops of the peppers, remove seeds, and set in a baking dish, lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix Woolwich Dairy Garlic & Herbs Spreadable Goat Cheese and basil to the filling mixture.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into each pepper, until filled to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Top with 2 tbsp of shredded Woolwich Dairy Goat Cheddar Cheese per pepper, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly, melty and brown.