- Prep time
- 45 min
- Total time
- 60 min
- 1½ cups warm water
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Woolwich Dairy Soft Fresh Original Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese
- 3½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup béchamel sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, washed and dried
For the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast on the surface of the water and let rest for 5 minutes without stirring. Add olive oil and sea salt and stir with a fork. Add 2 cups of flour and stir with a fork until the flour is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes sticky. Add an additional 1 cup of flour and knead to incorporate. Transfer the dough to a work surface floured with the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes, or until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth and supple. Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 90 minutes at room temperature. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
For the pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 °F with the rack in the top position.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and brown the garlic for 1 minute. Sauté the mushrooms until they become deep brown in colour. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Roll out a ball of dough into a 40-cm circle. Spread the béchamel sauce over the dough and sprinkle with grated nutmeg. Top the pizza with the sautéed mushrooms, goat cheese and Mozzarellissima.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust becomes crispy and the cheese is browned.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.