- 40 min
- 60 min
- 36 MACARONS
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp almond meal
- pinch of salt
- flavour extract
- gel food colouring, (optional)
- 300g Woolwich Dairy Original Soft Fresh Goat Cheese or any sweet flavoured log
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp flavour extract
- food colouring drops
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Place egg whites and caster sugar in a bowl and mix with electric mixer until stiff enough to turn the bowl upside down without it falling out. Whip for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add food coloring, if desired, and continue to mix for a further 20 seconds.
- Sift the almond meal, icing sugar & salt twice. Fold into the egg white mixture. It should take roughly 30-50 folds using a rubber spatula.
- Pipe onto trays lined with non-stick parchment paper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until macarons come off tray cleanly. Cool completely before filling.
- To make filling, allow goat cheese to temper to room temperature. Blend all ingredients in mixer and pipe onto macaron. Place second macaron on top of goat cheese mixture, and serve.