Skip to Content
- 20 min
- 35 min
Citrusy Goat Cheese, Beets & Bacon Burger
- 113g Woolwich Dairy Original Soft Fresh Goat Cheese log
- 454 g extra-lean ground beef
- 1 shallot, diced
- Zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 red beets, washed and peeled
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- In a large bowl, mix together shallots and ground beef. Season with ½ tsp of sea salt and ground black pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- In a bowl, add Woolwich Dairy Original Soft Fresh Goat Cheese, orange and lemon zest and orange juice. Using a fork, combine until smooth.
- Grate beets and season with ½ tsp of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the barbecue on high, or use a grill pan on the stove at high heat. Grill beef patties for 3-4 minutes per side until fully cooked. Get your buns nice and toasty while the burgers cook.
- To construct the burgers, place a grilled beef patty atop a hamburger bun, spread with the citrus goat cheese mixture and top with Boston lettuce, beets and bacon. Serve immediately.