- Prep time
- 10 min
- Total time
- 25-30 min
- 12 individual portions
- 12 mini frozen tart shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup 35% cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup Woolwich Dairy Fine Herb Goat Cheese Log
- ½ cup chopped asparagus
- Pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven at 375 °F (160 °C). Arrange the tart shells on a baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and over medium-low heat, sauté onions until tender and translucent around 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, add in the milk and cream and season with salt and pepper, whisk again to combine.
- Disperse the onions over the bottom of the pre-baked pie shells, pour over half of the egg mixture, crumble the goat cheese and asparagus over each tart evenly, and top with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place the quiche in the oven for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 320 °F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- The quiche is ready when the top has souffléd up and is slightly golden.
- Let cool before serving.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @monikahibbs