- Prep time
- 20 min
- Total time
- 1 hr 30 min
- 175g Woolwich Dairy Goat Feta in Brine
- large red beets, peeled (about 500 g)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, crushed
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Peel the beets, then transfer to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Gather the four corners of the sheet of aluminum foil to create a bundle. Add 2 tbsp of water to the bundle and twist shut. Roast the beets for about 50 minutes, or until they can easily be pierced with a pointy knife. Open the bundle and let the beets cool until warm, about 20 minutes, then cut into cubes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the dressing for a few seconds in the microwave or on the stovetop so the honey fully melts and incorporates into the dressing. Pour half of the dressing over the warm beets and toss to combine. Transfer the beets to a large serving plate.
- Peel and segment the grapefruits and set over the beets. Remove the Woolwich Dairy Goat Feta from the brine, crumble into chunks and distribute over the beets and grapefruit. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Garnish with pistachios and fresh basil, then serve immediately.
Note: an easy tip, you can use ready-to-use pre-cooked beets in this recipe. You’ll find them vacuum-packed in the refrigerated produce section of the supermarket. Simply cut the beets into cubes and reheat for a few seconds in the microwave, or a few minutes in the oven, until they’re just warm. Then assemble and enjoy!